Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 1995 16:02:14 -0600
I assume that I'm not the only one on this list that never actually learned
to play hockey; if I am, than maybe someone would help me out anyway.
(Crossing my fingers that I haven't made too many enemies, yet.)  Over the
last fiftenn years of watching games, I think I've picked up a fair amount
of what's going on.  Nevertheless, does anyone have a good suggestion for
where to get a basic primer on hockey tactics.  I'm not interested in
something that teaches the mechanics of how to skate or shoot (unless I'm
convinced that that is what it would take).  More, I would like something
that would help me watch the game, and figure out exactly why players are
in the positions that they are and so forth.  I've tried many a bookstore
and not found what I wanted.  Any suggestions anyone?

J. Michael Jackson