Sender:
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:50:09 -0700
8bit
From:
Clay Satow <[log in to unmask]>
re: Goalies

I think that the comparison with curves on sticks is apt, because I think it's pretty much the
same.  If you're a goalie and you use oversized equipment, then you run the risk of getting called
on it, just like you do if you use a stick with too much curve.  The only difference is that
players routinely change sticks late in the game, but goalies can't change pads.  So I don't see
why he's singling out goalies.  I bet his goalies cheated as much as the others.

re: Lines

I don't think that he was talking about the center line.  One of the more radical changes proposed
for the NHL was actually suggested by Sinden and I believe Mike O'Connell.  It essentially did
away with tbe blue line.  There was a line about midway between the faceoff circle and where the
blue line used to be.  Once you cleared that line, you could pass it anywhere, even down to the
other teams goal, and there was no blue line offside.  It seemed to me that it invites "cherry
picking" which I think is boring, but it makes it virtually impossible to trap.

Looking forward to finding out where we'll convene for future Hockey_L dinners.

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com