Sender:
From:
John Whelan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 13:49:56 +0100
Here is an excerpt from an exchange I had with Ken Butler (quoted with
permission), inspired by the posts from Bob Stagat and Dick Tuthill
last night.  Double indents are me and single indents are Ken; the
punch line is that there is an equivalent definition of KRACH which is
to my mind a little simpler, and that the uniqueness of the ratings is
indeed ensured by the addition of a fictitious reference team against
which each other team has recorded one tie.

                                          John Whelan, Cornell '91
                                     http://www.amurgsval.org/joe/