Sender:
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 12:52:15 -0500
7bit
From:
"Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]>
To: greenie <[log in to unmask]>
On Mon, 21 Dec 1998 16:14:38 -0700 greenie wrote:

> It neglects to mention snippets such as the fact that 2 of the top 5 goal
> scorers are from the college ranks -- Tony Amonte (#1, 22 goals) and Keith
> Tkachuk (#5, 17 goals). For that matter, are there any players with college
> experience who are captains of their teams?

The #2 goal scorer in the league is John LeClair (UVM) with 21 goals.  Bill
Guerin (BC) is tied for 5th place with Tkachuk and four other players.

There are four Hockey East alums who are captains:
    Paul Kariya    Maine    Anaheim Mighty Ducks
    Tom Fitzgerald    Providence College    Nashville Predators
    Brian Leetch    Boston College    New York Rangers
    Keith Tkachuk    Boston University    Phoenix Coyotes
From the WCHA:
    Chris Chelios    Wisconsin    Chicago Blackhawks

If you want to carry the thread further, you can include those in NHL management
with college hockey experience.  I by no means have a complete list, but you can
include the following:
    Jack Kelley    BU    Pittsburgh Penguins president (and Michelle Pfeiffer's
father-in-law)
    Lou Lamoriello    PC    New Jersey Devils president
    David Poile    Northeastern    Nashville Predators general manager
    Jack Ferreira    BU    Anaheim Mighty Ducks (got kicked upstairs last
spring)
    Bob Goodenow    Harvard    NHLPA president
    Ken Dryden    Cornell    Toronto Maple Leafs general manager
    Ron Wilson    PC    Washington Capitals head coach
    George McPhee    Bowling Green (Hobey Baker winner)    Washington Capitals
general manager

--
Edward N. Moller
Controller