Sender:
From:
"Jeffrey T. Anbinder" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 10:35:09 -0400
Greg said:
>Kinda sorta.  Last I heard Mr. Hicks was on a world tour.  Other than that,
>well... um... I met his dad in Grand Rapids and He's a nice guy; maybe
>he'll suit up... :-)

Heh... well, it is summer, after all.  Plenty of time to find out what's
actually going on.  Meanwhile, Greg, I've heard you're not so bad in net
yourself - shame your eligibility has expired.

>In any case, this is what in the trade I believe is called a "spur to
>recruiting..."

Last time Cornell lost a goalie to the pros, it was Parris Duffus.  We were
genuinely left without a backup that time, because we still had Parris and
Andy Bandurski during recruiting season, and no recruits wanted to sit on
the bench for a couple of years.  In a last-minute scramble, we ended up
with Eddy Skazyk - not by any means a stellar goalie, but hardly a
disaster.  Besides, the next goalie we got was Jason Elliott, two-time ECAC
Tourney MVP.  I'm not hoping for a trend, but still...

One should also keep in mind that - IF it happens - having Jason Elliott as
one's only goalie may be a nervewracking prospect, but it still puts us
ahead of half the ECAC as far as quality.  Any volunteers to be Jason's
bodyguard/chauffeur this season?

Only 6 shopping days left to bid on Las Vegas Thunder game-worn jerseys!!
:-{)}

Jeffrey Anbinder
Ithaca Times