Sender:
From:
"Thomas W. Coates" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 16:32:00 -0500
To: Kevin Coty <[log in to unmask]>
With the recent call for more postings, I've decided to let my fingers do
some walking.  I think mics on the refs are ok as long as the refs don't
decide to make a show about it.  I have noticed that refs some times take
extra efforts to talk to the players more, when it isn't necessary and it
turns me off.  I firmly believe in the principle; if a referee is doing a
good job, you shouldn't notice them.

Another pet peeve of mine in officiating is when there is a scrum in the
corner and the play is going nowhere and the ref does not blow the
whistle. I would prefer to watch the strategy of a face-off, then a group
of players standing around in the corner accomplishing nothing.  Blow the
whistle, REF!  Just my 2 cents...

Thomas W. Coates              email [log in to unmask]
Auxiliary Marketing           phone (906) 635-2540
Lake Superior State Univ.       fax (906) 635-2695
650 W. Easterday Ave
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783

"If you think you can or can't, you're right" - Henry Ford