Sender:
From:
Joe Gladziszewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 1996 13:56:53 -0500
To: Stephen E Roth <[log in to unmask]>
On Tue, 2 Apr 1996, Stephen E Roth wrote:

> Tim noted, corporate or alumni support; and/or generate revenue from
> their ice rink; and/or generate decent revenue from ticket sales or
> from revenues from other sports (I'd suspect that Michigan football
> carries a big part of the athletic department's budget).

        One more factor that I noticed on the boards at the Yost, and on
the Michigan sweaters, is the Nike swoosh.  They have poured a ton of
money into the University of Michigan and several other schools over the
past 5-10 years.  This can be easily noticed if you watch a college
football or basketball game.
        My questions are:
        Are there any schools other than U of M that are endorsed by a
big time corporation?  (I know that Penn State's club team is)
        Do you think that corporate interest in college hockey will develop
over the next few years, and will we see the Swoosh on more hockey
sweaters?

Joe Gladziszewski   <[log in to unmask]>

Oswego State Great Laker Hockey - WZOS FM 96.7 - Oswego, NY

Syracuse University - S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications