Sender:
From:
"Barkan, Jon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 12:26:00 PST
Hello all,

Hey, I've seen a lot of great college hockey games since 1986 when I first
entered the hallowed halls of Northeastern University and as far as I'm
concerned, here's my number one....
1991 NCAA Championship Northern Michigan 8, Boston University 7 (3 ot)

Think of the players on the ice that night for BU ALONE....Amonte,
McEachern, Ahola, Sacco, Von Stefanelli....these guys were incredible.

Northern trailed 3-0 at one point of the game, then BU trailed 7-4 before
tying the game with 39 seconds left in regulation. And then, as if this was
not enough, Tony Amonte had a breakaway on Billy Pye with seconds left in
regulation. I remember that all of us in the press box thought that he would
score and then keep skating off the ice right into David McNab's hands where
he'd sign his Rangers contract and keep on going to Broadway. The only
problem was that he hit Pye right in the glove and the game went on and on
and on.......God knows how many great scoring chances each team had before
Daryl Plandowski put the puck past Scott Cashman at 1:57 of the 3rd OT and
the party was on in Marquette.

The most memorable impression I have of that game was the press conference
where Jack Parker and some of his players came in and look like they went
through the war and were ready to just break down and cry.........and Parker
started off by mumbling about a reporter who once talked to Marlon Brando
about life and things in general and Parker quoted Brando on something or
other and what he said was "What the Hell was that all about?"

What it was all about was one of the greatest college hockey games ever
played in the state of Minnesota without the U being there!

Yours in the bond of chaos in college hockey,
Jon Barkan

PS "Hockey is a slippery game played on ice!" Jack Parker