Sender:
From:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Dec 1995 02:58:57 EST
Comments:
I agree completely that these violations are no small
potatoes.  With all due respect, this is what I meant in my
prior post about the complete denial many Maine people
continue to live in.
   You can point to an incident here or there at another
school -- you can even rationalize this or that at Maine --
but for cryin' out loud, when things happen over and over
and over and over again -- something's wrong.  And then the
idea of Walsh taking that money while on suspension -- c'mon
-- people have been fired for a lot less than that.
   And I will stand by my characterization of Walsh as the
Tarkanian of hockey and that he should be fired.
  Further, this is not just a hockey thing (though they're
the worst) -- If I'm not mistaken, didn't 8 sports programs
at Maine get put on school probation last year?

  There may be good explanations for this, but how is
Maine's baseball team always so good?  How do they go to
Florida for a month each year?
   And I've never figured out how Dunham came back from the
Olympics, then played the remainder of that collegiate
season. I've never seen that before or since.
Now, I'm just going off the top of my head on the last two
points, but these are just some things that always raised my
eyebrows - (Above and beyond the clear-cut things that Maine
was nailed for). If I have my info wrong, please correct me.

Nevertheless, I stand by the notion that Maine got what it
deserved and Walsh got off easy.  The faster everyone
accepts what they did, the faster we can move on.  I'm
surprised it took so long, to be honest, considering how
blatant some of these infractions seemed to be, small $-wise
or not.

AW