Sender:
From:
Reed H Munson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 1995 08:53:20 -0600
Am I hyped for this weekend's series between the Gophers and SCSU! After
watching Matt Cullen in the high school tourney and hearing so much about
him, I can't wait to see him in person.

As for the gopher freshmen, I'd have to say Reggie Berg and Wyatt Smith
are the best two out of the highly talented new class. Berg, is playing
like a 2nd or 3rd year team member. He is definately going to pick up
where his old number #19 Justin McHugh left off. Berg is also playing
hurt - his wrist is still healing from an operation. When he's 100% he's
going to be even more awesome!

Wyatt Smith #10 also looks good and is contributing right off. He plays
with a lot of heart and has some speed. It's fun to see a big guy sprint
into the offensive zone like Smith does.

As for the SCSU/UMinn series, I expect the usual tough, gritty, penalty
filled games these two teams usually have. UMinn seems a little more
chippy than in past years, especially Casey Hankinson. I'm sure SCSU will
be looking for redemption after being swept by SLU.

 My prediction: In this home and home series, each home team will win one
game. Moen will get his first loss in a tight game at St. Cloud and DeBus
will get his second win in a high scoring game at Mariucci.