From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1993 23:55:24 EST
I did not hang around for the official box from the BG-Miami game,
so I have nothing to add. Other results:

Lake Superior 3 at Michigan 5
   U of M stays in the running for first while the Lakers can only finish
as high as second. Miami's magic number is 2 to clinch the regular
season title.

Notre Dame 3 at Western Michigan 5
   UND's loss means BG cannot finish any lower than 9th. WMU has locked
up at least 5th.

Michigan State 3 at Kent 2
   Spartans were up 3-0 in the third and held on.

Ferris 6 at Illinois-Chicago 8 (late in the third)
   If the Flames hold on to win, they are just 1 point behind BG for 8th.
An FSU loss means the Bulldogs cannot finish higher than 6th.

Here are the quick standings, assuming UIC wins (27 games per except
#1 & #11):

 1. Miami 47 points (28 games)
 2. Michigan 42
 3. LSSU 40
 4. MSU 34
 5. WMU 32
 6. FSU 25
 7. KSU 21
 8. BGSU 19
 9. UIC 18
10. UND 12
11. OSU 8 (28 games)

The loss by the Bucks on Thursday means they will finish 11th if they lose
to BG on Saturday.

Keith