Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1993 02:30:56 -0700
Unfortunately, bad luck still plagues the Tigers as they lose their 6th
straight tonight.  I wasn't able to see the first period, but it was still
tied at 0-0 when I got there at intermission.  CC began the scoring in the
second right after coming off of a 5 on 3 advantage when Jody Jaraczewski put
one past the Wisconsin goaltender (sorry I don't remember his name - it's the
other one besides Carey).  That would be the only scoring the Tigers get,
though, as Wisconsin came back a few minutes later to beat Badalich and tie the
game at 1-1.  Wisconsin scored again towards the end of the period to make it
2-1 at the intermission.  I was a little surprised to see so many Badger fans
at the Broadmoor, their entire section screaming "Sieve!  Sieve!" and pointing
at Badalich every time they scored.  During the third, CC had some good shot
opportunities, but everyone kept taking too long just passing to each other
and not taking shots while in the Wisconsin end, and consequently got picked
off frequently.  Wisconsin scored about 2/3 of the way into the third to make
it 3-1.  When Chris Hynnes got a penalty with less than 2 minutes left in the
game, Buetow pulled Badalich out so that it was 5 on 5.  I thought that was
a little dumb on Brad's part, because it seems like every time he does that
this season towards the end of a game, the other team always gets an empty-
netter.  Sure enough, with only about 30 seconds gone on the penalty,
Wisconsin got an empty-net goal to wrap up the scoring and bring the final to
4-1.  I'll post a box tomorrow as soon as I get my hands on a paper.  Sorry
to all you Badger fans that I couldn't remember the names of your players that
scored. :)

Karen Heasley
Colorado College '95