Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1993 13:09:35 -0500
>1. how do you feel about the two ref system?  i think it's great, as
>long as they don't get caught up will calling every thing that happens
>behind the play.

I like it, it allows the refs to prevent brawls that occur from
junk behind the play.

>2. Who feels that fighting should be allowed in the game?

I think you'll get about a dozen yes's and ~450 no's. The biggest
difference between the college game and the pro game is the lack of
fighting (and the two-line pass). Most college fans, i would venture
to say, prefer that.

>  i am biased
>in this answer because i love physical, bump-and grind hockey.  there
>was a game however here at northern michigan where greg hadden, a small
>package that packes a hell of a hit, was basically wrestling with a
>wisconsin badger at center ice and the ref through them both out of the
>game.  And i saw later that night in highlighs a brawl break out in a
>hockey east game and only roughing pentalies were handed out.

That is the fallacy of the pro-fighting argument. The fallacy that
physical play and fighting are the same. The fallacy that you can't
have hard hitting and checking without fighting. The difference is
that there is physcial play in college hockey but it is not
allowed to generate into boring sideshows. I think college hockey is
hockey in its purest form. Speed, grace, physical play without the bs
the accompanies the pro spectacle.

>3.  who's the favorites for the national champanship or final four?

>here's my picks for whatever there worth-------------- ccha-michigan
>wcha-wisconsin hockey east-maine (really went out on a limb for this
>one, eh!) independent-alaska-fairbanks has an outside shot.

Maine, BU, Harvard and Wisconsin. UAF and RPI have shots.

>4. How about a hobey baker winner?

Sorry "veteran" fans but Kariya gets the nod. No questions asked.

>p.s. i heard a great quote "hockey is a delicate mix between the ballet
>and murder"

You mean the old-style PROFESSIONAL hockey.

 BRI FARENELL           [log in to unmask]
 CLARKSON U '95         ECAC and AHL contact for rec.sport.hockey
 Let's go Tech!!        Join the AHL mailing list: email me for details

   ADIRONDACK RED WINGS, AHL, Calder Cup Champs: '81  '86  '89  '92
Bester for Bastien Trophy! Dollas for Shore Plaque! Tancill for Cunnigham Plaque