From:
Tony BU'92 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony BU'92 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1993 00:52:56 EST
First, on the subject of spoiled fans, I agree, and you're
going to see it anywhere.  Whenever a team is that
successful, many people will follow only for that reason.

<had some problems there, gonna start again>

As far as spoiled fans go, I have seen them at BU too.
The team just had a 13 game unbeaten streak.  We lose
one game, and all of a sudden "we suck!"  It does disgust
me, but there are also a lot more of us who follow them
no matter what.  I think the secret is that you have to
have fans who remember  "when you were bad."  This way,
they appreciate the good years.  You're almost always
compared to last year.

Help!  I need to find a cheap (and I mean CHEAP) hotel
within a reasonable distance of Orono, ME.  I would
like to go to Maine for the Maine-BU series in Feb, but
can't afford the BU package ($108 for the weekend).
I only need to use it for Fri night (I can drive back
Saturday night.).  If anyone knows of a place that can
rent a room for apx $20/night within 1 hour of Orono,
please let me know.  I would greatly appreciate it.

In other news, BU defeated UMass-Lowell tonight 6-4 in
an extremely exciting game.  BU, playing somewhat
sloppily, took a 4-1 lead into the third period.  I
should have known something was up when Three seperate
Lowell players pushed/forearmed BU players in the skate-
around before the third.  Lowell, did come out rough,
but BU didn't handle it well. (sorry about the punctuation
there.)  BU got called for retaliation after retaliation.
BU began to become unravelled, and even appeared more
interested in hitting that guy back than in winning the
game.  Lowell scored three goals to tie it up at 4-4.
With three minutes left, and the BU crowd (small but
loud) screaming, Jacques Joubert won a faceoff in the Lowell
end and singlehandedly put it home, giving BU a 5-4 lead.
This seemed to crush Lowell, as Mike Pomichter completed
a hat-trick with a breakaway only moments later.  Lowell
pulled the goalie, but to no avail.  BU, however, was also
unable to score on the empty net for the final minute
either.  Overall, a rough but exciting game.  Fri night's
rematch in Lowell should be interesting.

Tony  BU'92

P.S. - For those of you who watch the Beanpot live or on T.V.,
  look for me late in the game.  I will be wearing a T-shirt
  asking, "Is B.C. REALLY necessary?"  It has no sleaves.  I
  am usually seen waving my small towell over my head after a
  BU goal, or leading the Terrier fans in "
  "Gimme a T.  Gimme an E. ... etc."
  I am also referred to as the "Ogre."  (Ogre is the name of
  the person who leads that chant.)
P.P.S. - see ya all at the Beanpot!!!

Go BU!