Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1993 12:25:58 EST
Ross Bracco beat me to the punch with his comments on the 1990 NC$$ bid.
However I will add my 2› since I also am an RPI fan, albeit secondarily to
the indisputable 1990 ECAC champion--and if Gagnon hadn't suffered a bad
night, the 1990 NC$$ champion.(I can just hear the Badgers gnashing their
teeth.:*)Anyway, as I recall the acknowledged reason for keeping RPI out of
the tourney was strength of schedule, with the Engineers playing an extremely
weakout of conference schedule.  I can't remember themplaying any Western
teams that year (someone go ahead-correct me :-D)and the Xmas tournament
featured Division 2 teams.  Frankly I think the scheduling of non-conference
games has been a problem with most ECAC teams, RPI and Colgate included.  Their
penchant for scheduling Division2 or Canadian teams for their pick-up games
penalizes them at tournament time, both in receiving bids to the tournament and
their actual performance in the play-offs.In RPI's case, I see evidence that
the supposed 1990 "snub" may have influenced their thinking regarding the
overall schedule.  It seems the Engineers are beginning to schedule tougher
non-conference opponents--Alabama Huntsville not included.

Rich Vehlorcheerup--the forces of college hockey are not conspiring against
the lords of Burdett Avenue.
                    _
            "NYS   // Hockey"
        Go 'Gate  //   Brian Morris