Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1993 06:51:00 EST
It seems that Maine has become the most dominant team in division I.  In every
poll, only Maine gets1 votes and in all of our rating systems (TCHCR, CHODR,
RPI) Maine is far ahead of the nearest competitor.

Last year, there was a general feeling that Maine was the best team in
division I but other teams got votes in the polls and for a long time, Maine
was not1 in TCHCR.

My question is:  Has there ever been such a dominant team in previous years.

The team to which I would compare this years Maine team would be the 1985-86
RPI team.  Both went (are going) long stretches beating everyone in sight.
One difference is that the RPI team was considered the best Eastern team and
MSU and UMD were considered serious rivals.  This year Maine does not seem to
have any rivals.

Any comments?

Eric

Eric Maiwald                             maiwald at dockmaster.ncsc.mil
Booz, Allen & Hamilton                Go, Go, Go, You, Red, Red, Red!!!
McLean, VA                                                      RPI '87