From:
Arthur Mintz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 90 08:38:48 EST
>The Princeton Undergraduate fans have started a new tradition of
>throwing tennis balls on to the ice after the first Tiger goal.

Great. This is exactly the kind of "tradition" the game does NOT
need, like Cornell and its fish, North Dakota and its gophers, and
whatever other stupid things fans have come up with to throw on the
ice at other schools. I, for one, would like to see the rules
changed so that the warning is automatically made at the start of
the game, and teams are penalized the FIRST time things are thrown
on the ice. If the fans want to throw things, let them throw things
at each other; go outside and have a snowball fight, if you have to,
but leave the players alone! The game is hard enough to play without
having to worry about things flying out of the stands.