From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2012 18:43:07 -0500
BU played Providence at Walter Brown Arena in the last regular season game of the 1993-94
season. It got chippy and a major fight broke out with 5:36 left in the third period in the PC
zone after PC defenseman Scott Balboni put a major cross check on a Terrier. The teams
were playing 4-on-4 and the PC players started fighting with the BU players. For the some
reason Dan Dennis, the Friar goalie decided to join the fight and started throwing punches at
several BU players. J.P. McKerise, the Terrier goalie, was in his crease and when he saw
Dennis start throwing punches he dropped his stick and gloves and charged down the length
of the rink, slamming into Dennis and punching him.

I have never seen a goalie skating full speed the length of the ice before or since and it will
always stay with me. His charge was caught by the BU videographer and was included in the
season highlighhts video shown during the team banquet. It got the loudest cheer of the
night.

Sean Pickett