From:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1992 16:30:03 EST
One thing I noticed about linesmen out here is that intentional offsides is
called whenever there is any player more than five feet inside the blue line.
I commented on it when Cornell played Michigan last year, and I saw it alll
year long in the CCHA this year.  Eastern linesmen just don't call it that
close, and I think it is hard for eastern teams to adjust (although it is not
the kind of thing that decides games, it does interrupt offensive flow when it
is called as a player is just trying to clear out of the zone).  I have never
figured out why the intentional offsides is such a common call out here, but
it is.

--
Dave [log in to unmask]
Cornell '91 OSU Med '95