From:
Adam Bryant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1992 15:54:47 -0500
+ Date:         Sun, 29 Mar 1992 15:15:20 EST
+ From: [log in to unmask]
+
+    While I'm tipping my hat to MSU and their fans,I feel that there
+ is one guy I have to point out.  Regretably,I did not ask his name
+ when I was talking to him.  Anyway,he was one of about 10 MSU fans
+ who had the nerve/guts to show their faces at the UMaine pep rally
+ before the game.  He was dressed in green, and was basically a
+ one-man-band with several instruments.  He performed a dance which
+ the crowd thoroughly enjoyed.  Unfortunately a few of the fans were
+ out of hand and began to shout insults at the man.  But the guy knew
+ that they were a small minority,and continued.  Throughout the
+ rally,and of course during the game,his smile never left his face.
+ He was a real pleasure to watch and meet.  I just wish that more
+ fans were like him.

The guy's name is "Goofus". :-)   Or at least that is how I was
introduced to him.  You should maybe have asked him for his card, it
is rather amusing, with a nifty logo.  It basically says he is for
hire at weddings and other special occasions.

From talking with some friends I hear that he attends most of the
playoff tournaments and is a big MSU fan, although in St. Paul last
year he was supporting Norhern Michigan.

adam