Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1992 08:08:05 -0500
 From an article in the Star Tribune this morning by John Gilbert.

 PICKING THE WINNERS
 Woog said he picks the Gophers, Maine, Northern Michigan, and Wisconsin to
 reach the final four. "Some are upsets, some are not," Woog said.

 Lake Superior State coach Jeff Jackson predicted the Gophers, St Lawrence and
 Maine and called the fourth spot a toss-up between Michigan and Northern
 Michigan.

 TOUGH DUTY
 The toughest job among tournament entries? Choose between Clarkson and Alaska-
 Anchorage. Clarkson must beat a defending champion Northern Michigan team that
 might be the most dangerous in the country. If the Golden Knights win, they
 would get to play No. 2-rated Michigan to get to the final four.

 But Alaska-Anchorage has it tougher. "If we were going to win the title, look
 who we'd have to play," said coach Brush Christiansen. "We have to beat Lake
 Superior State (rated No. 4) then Minnesota (rated No. 3) to get to the final
 four, then we'd probably have to play Maine (No. 1) in the semifinals and then
 maybe Michigan (No. 2).

 GOOD SEATS REMAIN
 One tournament official said he had heard that less than 1,000 tickets were
 sold as of Wednesday. Only 5,000 are expected. (This is for the Detroit
 Regional)

 See also additional posting of NEW TV info for folks in the Twin Cities!

 Carol
 U of M
 GO Gophers!!!
 GO Alaska-Anchorage!!!