From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 12:59:26 -0400
They used to have a group who decided and we complained of that as "the men
in the smoke filled back room"

The trouble is that leaving it to the discretion of people will always look
like a conspiracy to the teams left out and defining strict rules will
sometimes produce results that make the "rules" look frivolous.  As long as
there are limited cross conference schedules, there is no perfect way.

That's not to say that tweaking the rules occasionally is a bad thing (such
as using KRACH rather than RPI), but, all in all, we're a lot better off
than we used to be.

As far as "forcing" the leagues to change their inter-conference scheduling,
good luck.  When was the last time someone in power gave up that power for
the "common good".