From:
Mary Beth MacKinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:42:46 -0500
Okay, I'm going to rant a bit here.  Almost everyone knows my allegiance to
Michigan State and have grown up each Frozen Four with our two sons Jack (7)
and Carter (4).

Much like almost everyone secretly hopes the Cubs end their curse and
finally win a World Series, I feel the same way about Northeastern.

From 1989 to 2000, I never missed a Beanpot.  Each year I thought "this is
the year NU will finally win this tournament."

Ben Smith brought the program back and everyone thought Bruce Crowder, the
UMass Lowell miracle worker could make the Huntington Hounds certainly win
the February tournament.

Greg Cronin fielded his best team this year while the other three
universities appeared a bit more vunerable than prior seasons.

When I witnessed Navy end a 43 year streak in football against Notre Dame, I
turned to the NU streak coming up empty now for over 20 years in the Terrier
Invitational (aka Beanpot).

Which got me thinking, what's the longest futility streak out there?

I know Michigan Tech narrowly missed winning the GLI for the first time in a
long while.  Are there any longer consecutive losing streaks in college
hockey?

BTW...2009 Frozen Four Update -- We've selected a great logo and will soon
launch a web site that handles all travel and reservation issues including
links for popular tours of the White House, Congress, etc...

Mary Beth has narrowed the search for our Hockey L dinner places to 3 and
will enter negotiations with each to get us the best deal.  I'm pushing the
NCAA for a 1:00 and 8:00 start times on Thursday, but it's really in ESPN's
hands of the official times.

For those of you who are Priority 6 or Greater, we will be inviting you to a
special reception Friday afternoon in Denver after the public skating and
before the skills competition.

Feel free to drop us an email if you've got any 2009 Frozen Four questions.