Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1992 11:18:16 EST
Being an MSU fan I generally root for the CCHA team, then for the WCHA.
I think Eric summed it up - having your league win seem to vindicate
its position. Another factor when my team is not in it is the fans
from the other teams - when I see good other fans support it brings me
along with it. It seems that the Western Teams are either bigger schools
or small schools with a small supportive body of fans. Eastern teams fans
seemed smaller in number or comprised mostly of students rather than alumni
and so less likely to travel.

Was in Lake Placid a few years back and there were more fans from the West
than the East (North Dakota chartered a jet). Also was in Harvard a few
years ago - it seems there were more State Fans there than Harvard Fans.

Expect a similar occurance in Providence - there will probably be as many
Wisconsin and MSU fans there as Maine and BU.

I think that teams are aided when fans show support especially on the
road - so why is MSU having trouble in Joe Louis Arena when so many "State"
fans show?

William Krebs