From:
Dave Geringer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Geringer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 15:03:53 -0500
For Immediate Release
Contact Dave Geringer, Sports Information Director, (508) 990-9651  [log in to unmask]
Tuesday, January 9, 2007

UMASS DARTMOUTH TIES HIGHEST RANKING EVER IN USCHO.COM DIVISION III POLL

MINNEAPOLIS, MN–Once again, the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth’s hockey team played has achieved its highest ranking in the latest United States College Hockey Online Division III poll.

The Corsairs, who were ranked 11th nationally-their highest ranking ever-after defeating Curry last December 9th, are once again 11th this week. UMass Dartmouth moved up after defeating Assumption last Saturday, 5-1, in their first game after the holidays, and s now 11-1-1 this season, 5-0 in Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference Northeast play.

Manhattanville is ranked first in the poll, ahead of Oswego State and St. Norbert. Defending champion Middlebury is ranked ninth, and Norwich is 10th. The Corsairs are next, and are the third highest rated team in New England.

“This is the first time we’ve been ranked third in New England,” said UMass Dartmouth Head Coach John Rolli. “I think it’s a reflection of not only the season’s opening mark of 11-1-1, but also of the fact that we have gone 32-2-1 over our last 35 games dating back to last December.”

The Corsairs will play at home twice this weekend, hosting Salve Regina Thursday evening at 7:30 and Western New England College Saturday at 4:30 p.m. Those are their final two home games in January.

UMASS DARTMOUTH HOCKEY