From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara M. Fagan
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 16:45:11 -0400
St. Lawrence and St. Cloud State skated to a 1-1 tie, officially.  The
team to advance to the  Icebreaker championship game was determined by a
shoot-out and SLU's freshman Mark Wallmann scored the only goal in the
shoot-out.  The game was filled with plenty of penalties but no power
play goals.

Sorry I missed some stats.  It is early in the season and the announcers
and I aren't in sync.

First Period:
1:03 - SLU - Macdonald from Hogg
10:53 - Reeder from Jenssn and Gordon
Saves:
SLU - McKenna - 8
SCSU - Boron - 11

Second Period:
Saves:
SLU - McKenna - 11
SCSU - Boron - 7

Third Period:
Saves:
SLU - McKenna - ?
SCSU - Boron - ?

Overtime: (5 minutes)
Saves:
SLU - McKenna - 1 or 2  for a game total of 24
SCSU - Boron - ? for a game total of 30

Saints 0 for 10 on power play
St. Cloud 0 for 9 on power play

Shoot-out:
SCSU - Jensen - no goal
SLU - Page - no goal
SCSU - Gordon - no goal
SLU - Trevelyan - no goal
SCSU - Reeder - no goal score
SLU - Mark Wallmann - GOAL
SCSU - Francis - no goal
SLU - Taylor - no goal
SCSU - Ianszzo - no goal

Apparently they have a new sponsored players (offensive and defensive)
of the game for SLU games but I didn't catch them.  I would think that
they would have have to have been Wallmann and McKenna but I can't be sure.

Sara
SLU '77
Let's go SAINTS!!!