From:
Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:36:31 -0500
Tony and all:
I just want to say that I too became a big fan of Don's newsletter back in
the '70's. I think I first subscribed after seeing an ad in Hockey News. I
still have tucked away issues from the late '70's when names that later
appeared on 1980 Olympic team were prominently mentioned.

When you think how primitive communications were back then (at least
compared to today), it is amazing how timely and accurate his reports were.
His newsletter was the original inspiration for Blue Lines, the Friends of
UNH Hockey Newsletter, which I co-edit. In fact, the format of our early
editions back in the mid-90's were very similar to Don's.

Tell me, is Don in some sort of Hall of Fame (RPI, ECAC, etc.)? If not, he
deserves to be!

Greg Ambrose
Go Wildcats!!!