From:
Bob Stagat <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Stagat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:55:59 -0500
RPI - ECAC

Got my BS there in '64 and PhD in '68.

From '65 through '68 I tutored the team in a variety of subjects.

I also provided computer support to Don Birkmayer for his Hockey Newsletter.
Back then the standings and stats provided by the leagues were notoriously
late and error-ridden, so Don would spend all day Sunday phoning the
coaches. He'd call me that evening and give me all the weekend's results,
and Monday morning I'd keypunch them onto Hollerith cards (remember them?),
run my little stats program, and get the results back to Don by noontime. As
a result, the Hockey Newsletter was the only publication that provided
timely and accurate college hockey statistics.

I moved to Florida, then Texas, then southern California and lost all track
of college hockey. Until I stumbled across the Hockey-L listserve. And there
I discoverd a voice from the past -- Tony Buffa. We'd been classmates and
fellow Physics majors as undergraduates. Unbeknownst to one another, Tony
had moved to San Luis Obispo in 1970, while I moved to Santa Barbara in
1972. For the next ~20 years we lived a mere 100 miles apart, but never knew
about it until we reconnected on Hockey-L!

- Bob Stagat -
RPI  '64 & '68