From:
Arik Marks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 13:12:00 -0400
Nathan - you are close but missing the point I think.  The fundamental
problem for Harvard is that they have a tiny fan base, even for the biggest
rivalry game of the year. Imagine your Saint Cloud Rink more than half full
of Minnesota fans and you can see Harvard's dilemma.

It will be interesting to see if $44 a ticket (in essence) keeps out the
Cornell Crowd.

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen anyone from Harvard involved in
this discussion.  It just goes to show that the real problem is that Harvard
students, alums, etc. just don't care about their hockey team.  And it's a
disgrace for a team that's been running near the top of the league for some
time to not get that support....

Arik Marks