From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara M. Fagan
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 14:37:24 -0400
The SLU schedule is posted too.  It looks like we get off to a very
early start.  Hard to believe that hockey season is only 1 month away.

I am still rather concerned about the proposals being put before the
Div. III schools.  I find it hard to believe that 8 schools out of 424
(I think it is) are a threat to the Div. III philosophy.  I do believe
that SLU makes very sure that the students that get the athletic
scholarships are well suited to SLU and its emphasis on academic
standards.  It would be a shame if the programs at 8 schools, which are
all steeped in tradition, were adversely impacted by people who are
either jealous or uninformed.   (As I have said to a number of people -
Who can think that our Div. I team gives us an advantage in our Div. III
teams?  Have they every seen our football team?)

Here is the schedule as posted on the SLU web site:
2003-2004 Saint Men's Hockey Schedule
Day Date Opponent Time
Fri. Oct. 3 vs. Miami University at Lefty McFadden Tr. (Dayton, OH) 7:35
Sat. Oct. 4 vs. Ohio State or Denver at Dayton TBA
Fri. Oct. 10 WAYNE STATE 7:00
Sat. Oct. 11 WAYNE STATE 7:00
Sat. Oct. 18 at UMass.-Amherst 7:00
Fri. Oct. 24 MAINE 7:00
Sat. Oct. 25 MAINE 7:00
Fri. Oct. 31 at Lake Superior State 7:00
Sat. Nov. 1 at Lake Superior State 7:00
Fri. Nov. 7 UNION* 7:00
Sat. Nov. 8 RENSSELAER* 7:00
Fri. Nov. 14 COLGATE* 7:00
Sat. Nov. 15 CORNELL 7:00
Sat. Nov. 22 at Clarkson* 7:00
Fri. Nov. 28 at Harvard* 7:00
Sat. Nov. 29 at Brown* 7:00
Fri. Dec. 5 UMASS.-LOWELL 7:00
Sat. Dec. 6 NEW HAMPSHIRE 7:00
Sat. Dec. 13 MERCYHURST 7:00
Fri. Jan. 2 at Denver 7:35 MST
Sat. Jan. 3 at Colorado College 7:05 MST
Fri. Jan. 9 at Princeton* 7:00
Sat. Jan. 10 at Yale* 7:00
Fri. Jan. 16 at Vermont* 7:00
Sat. Jan. 17 at Dartmouth* 7:00
Sat. Jan. 24 CLARKSON* 7:00
Fri. Jan. 30 YALE* 7:00
Sat. Jan. 31 PRINCETON* 7:00
Fri. Feb. 6 at Rensselaer* 7:00
Sat. Feb. 7 at Union* 7:00
Fri. Feb. 13 VERMONT* 7:00
Sat. Feb. 14 DARTMOUTH* 7:00
Fri. Feb. 20 BROWN* 7:00
Sat. Feb. 21 HARVARD* 7:00
Fri. Feb. 27 at Cornell* 7:00
Sat. Feb. 28 at Colgate* 7:00
Fri. Mar. 5 ECAC 1st Round (best of 3) 7:00
Sat. Mar. 6 ECAC 1st Round Game 2 7:00
Sun. Mar. 7 ECAC 1st Round Game 3 (if needed) 7:00
Fri. Mar. 12 ECAC Quarterfinals (best of three) 7:00
Sat. Mar. 13 ECAC Quarterfinals (best of three) 7:00
Sun. Mar. 14 ECAC Quarterfinals (best of three) 7:00
Fri. Mar. 19 ECAC Semifinals at Albany TBA
Sat. Mar. 20 ECAC Championship at Albany TBA

Sara
SLU '77
Let's go SAITNS!!!