From:
drakelore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
drakelore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 19:02:01 -0500
Hey everybody!

This is a long one, I would just print it out for your future reference
(give you something to read on the plane)- remember to bring it to the
game!  There will be a sign outside our room with our event listed.  I
will be at a table at the door.   No uninvited public visitors this
time!

I will not have name badges this year (unless someone wants to bring
some blank ones).  I will just stamp everyone's hand after they have
paid.  (Stamp care of our Cruise Director who will be with us in
spirit!)

I will first give the details of the dinner again and then the
directions:
****************************
Here's the menu we talked about

Taste of Buffalo Buffet
$16 per person tax and tip included  ($8 for kids 12 and under)

Roast Beef on Kummelweck (classic Buffalo sandwich)
Bratwurst & Polish Sausage over homemade sauerkraut
Chicken Wings
Green Salad & Homemade Potato Chips
Au Gratin Potato

Full bar is available on Cash basis
We Feature  Local Beers from Flying Bison Brewery
3 Different German Beers and Guinness on Draft.

You will have private use of dining room from 3PM-7:30Pm
with waitress service

Ulrich's Tavern
674 Ellicott Street
716 855-8409
************
Directions:
That's right directions but your making a long walk 3 very big blocks
if you pay fare and get off at Allen/hospital station you only have to
walk a block.

Directions-  1- Take train to Allen/hospital Station (first stop under
ground)  come up stairs exit left on to Washington Street go right you
are headed back downtown (note Washington Starts a 1/2 block above
where you get off, the first cross street is Carlton if you hit High
Street Street, where Washington begins just come back down Washington,
Its Carlton Then Virginia Street you make a left on Virginia go to
ELLICOTT Street (1 block) make a right go in Front door your here.

Its a $2.50 fare for this ride but much shorter.

Directions 2- (no fare) Get off at theater station (last stop on free
zone) turn left first street you hit is Tupper, keep walking next
street is Gooddell, keep walking, You'll see a white art deco building
on your right the Buffalo Catholic Center, Across the street will be
St. Louis Roman Catholic church (Large Church) keep walking next is
Burton then Virginia Street make a right on Virginia. Parking  lot on
Corner go two blocks Washington Then Ellicott  turn right on ELLICOTT
Front door of Ulrich's.

Both area's are safe your worst encounter will be pan handlers.  My
view is pay the $2.50 its a much much shorter walk as its only supposed
to be 40 degrees next Thursday. Up to you but that is about an 8 block
walk from thearte station because those are Huge blocks.

Depending on how quickly you get a rail car, travel time will be as
short as 15 minutes or as long as 25 minutes.

Check with your hotels when you get in town on the metro rail.  My
understanding was (from the visitor's bureau) that the train would be
free during the tournament from downtown all the way to end of the line
at the arena.  But my recollection could be wrong.  If anyone knows
now, let us know.

See you there!

Kathy M.
Go Gophers!