From:
Rita-Ann Monde <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita-Ann Monde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 18:26:12 -0800
On Sunday, March 23, 2003, at 06:04 PM, Carol White wrote:

> Minnesota-Duluth Women's team wins the 2003 Women's Ice Hockey
> Championship for the third year in a row.!
>
> Congrats Duluth x 3!
>
> -Carol

the game between UMD and Harvard went into double OT. UMD jumped out to
a 2-0 lead in the first. Harvard got 2 early goals in the 2nd to tie
it, and then another to go up 3-2. UMD tied it in the 3rd. Harvard's
best defensewoman, angela ruggerio got a 2 minute minor and a 10 min
misconduct [the harvard broadcasters weren't able to give us the
details on why the 2 and 10] at the end of the 3rd that carried over
into the 1st OT.

from the broadcast on whrb [carried over the internet!], it sounded
like in the OT's harvard had more chances, but umd's were of better
quality. I was [still am] at work, so not able to provide the details.
but i think harvard's jennifer botterill got 1 of the goals to either
tie her with, or make her harvard's all time point getter in women's
hockey.

It sounded like a great game [though according to harvard's announcer's
quite physical and chippy, especially early in the game]. wished i
could have seen it live.

Also, the harvard's broadcaster's kept saying that it was the longest
game in women's hockey. In the 3 yrs. of the NCAA women's tournament it
is. However, i recall a game involving Univ. of New Hampshire women's
team that went 4 [??] OT's [vs. Northeastern???] about 5-6 years ago
for some championship [either ECAC or the one previously sponsored by
USA hockey]. Does anyone remember [Rich Hungerford.. if you are out
there, you might...].

from hockey purgatory in oregon,
Let's Go Red!!!!

Rita-Ann Monde