Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:29:26 EDT
I too am going through withdrawal.  Mike Machnik posted this on the BU
Terrier Yahoo club on the 24th:

Nope, it's not dead, just on vacation. :-) Kelly mentioned that people were
asking here so I am checking in to give an update.

Basically we decided to switch to a new ISP for a number of reasons including
24x7 support, etc. We envisioned that the process might only take a few hours
but that turned out to be extremely over-optimistic -- this is the only time
we have ever moved so we did not know what to expect. There were a whole
bunch of complications and problems that resulted, exacerbated by the fact
that the only person within driving distance of the ISP also has a number of
other pressing work issues to deal with. He's making good progress and
although I do not know when USCHO will be back, I would take a guess at
sometime later this week.

If there is a positive to this it is that we were able to do it now, instead
of during the season. So go out and spend some time in the backyard or at the
beach, or if you're at work, spend a little extra effort getting ahead in
your work so you'll have more time for entertainment later. :-)

It does never cease to amaze me how many people "rely" on USCHO. We certainly
never thought it would reach the point it has where it is universally
recognized as the #1 site for college hockey and the top media source
covering the sport. This is putting modesty aside, but really it's about
being appreciative and proud of the work my colleagues and friends have done.
Great teamwork indeed.

Maybe another positive is it gives some of the rest of us a mini vacation. As
you might imagine there is really no off season. Even before the championship
game in Albany, we were planning our off season and what to do in preparation
for this season. Some of that is behind the scenes enhancements that make our
lives a little easier (ask Kelly what it is like during the season), some of
it is work that will add even more content to the site or improve the
presentation of what we do have, etc. And a good chunk of it is routine
maintenance involving tracking down and posting offseason news, locating
schedule updates and putting them into the database, etc. As I said there
really is no offseason, it is a 12 month a year job. But hopefully our
enthusiasm for the game comes across in the work we do.

Anyway hang in there and thanks for the concern...we are sorry the delay has
been so long, longer than we thought it would be, but we will be back very
soon. :-)