Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:32:10 EST
Since it's Valentine's Day and I don't think there are any hockey games
tonight, I'll share my hockey love story.

My wife (Kelly) and I had our first date at a Univ. of Michigan vs. Bowling
Green hockey game at BG.  Kelly attended BG while I was a Wolverine, and the
mutual friend that set us up, knew that I was a big hockey fan, and since
Kelly hardly knew what icing was, before the date she went to the library and
'studied' up on the rules of the game so she would appear knowledgeable. She
did a pretty good job, and fooled me for much of the game, but the finer
points of college hockey can only be picked up at the game.  U of Mich. won
the game by a 3 or 4 goal margin.

Our second date had Kelly travel to Ann Arbor the following weekend for the
rematch of the two teams, that game too ended very well for my Wolverines
10-1.

Kelly and I went to many games following our first two dates, and eventually
I asked Kelly to marry me on a Saturday afternoon during a free skate day at
Center Ice of the Bowling Green Ice Arena at center ice. (which of course was
the site of our first date, though we were in the stands :-)  ).

OK back to the games...

Gerald Williams
U-Michigan 1993