From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 00:23:31 -0500
A few quick notes about the game.

Sean Fields made his first collegiate start for the Terriers tonight a
memorable one as he made 25 saves to shutout the Warriors.
Sean is the first freshman to post a shutout in his debut since
Scott Cashman made 15 saves to shutout Merrimack at Volpe
Center 11 years ago to the day (4 November 1989.)

Sean looked very comfortable and poised in net.  He made several
great saves, including a few that looked to be sure goals (at least
according to several of the spectators at the game.)  He also
handled the puck with confidence and several times passed it
forward to the defensemen.  Furthermore, he broke up several
plays near the net by knocking the puck away from Merrimack
players or deflecting passes from behind the net.

It is my opinion that based on Field's performance tonight Coach
Parker has a major decision to make regarding the goaltending
situation.  Jason Tapp has had four games to earn the top spot, but
he has failed to impress in three of the four.  It will be interesting to
see who gets the starts the next three games (at UML 11/10; at
NU 11/12 and UNH 11/17.)

In just his third career start for the Warriors, Joe Exter looked
extremely good, as made 33 saves and gave up only 2 goals.  He
impressed me much more than Welby did on Friday, despite losing
the game tonight.

On a non-goaltending note, it appeared that several Terriers,
including Captain Carl Corazzini, were sick for the games this
weekend.  However, it did affect the performance of Carl, as he
went 3-2-5 on the weekend and was the number 2 star for both
games.

On 4 Nov 00, at 20:33, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Since there has been no mention of this on list and I can't get on (as
> usual) USCHO, BU rebounded from yesterday's 5-4 loss to Merrimack to
> shut out the Warriors at the Walter Brown Arena 3-0 this evening.
>
> Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
> North Vancouver, BC
> GO BU!!!

Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers             2000 Beanpot Champions