From:
"W.T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
W.T. Smith
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 23:25:05 -0400
On Fri, 9 Jun 2000 18:07:28 -0400, Satow, Clay <[log in to unmask]> wrote,
in part:
>So I amend my question of "what does the host school do? to include "what's
>in it for the host school?"

So a host school provides support to the tournament chair?

On the latter question, I'll volunteer that the host school of a regional,
if a tournament participant, never gets sent to the other regional.

If traveling to tournaments in nice vacation spots (Maine, Michigan,
Colorado, Florida!) is a carrot to a player recruit, then maybe being
a host school is a carrot of sorts to the sports information department
of the "host" school?

(Obviously I don't have a clue)

cheers, wayne