From:
"Wodon, Adam" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wodon, Adam
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:26:07 -0400
> RPI is bidding to host the NC$$ tourney in San Jose?  Maybe someone is
> considering moving the school.  We can't make Troy
> attractive, so just move it lock, stock, and barrel.
>
> I guess that RPI has had a lot of experience in holding regionals and
finals
> in Albany and so is taking this on since it doesn't look like the finals
> will be returning to Albany in the near future.

I think everyone makes too big a deal out of this ... Between the work the
NCAA does, and the work of the local building authorities, who the host
school is becomes almost irrelevant.  The host school could be Tokyo U. and
it wouldn't make a difference.  Just send a few people out there a week
ahead of time to help out, and all the planning can be done from the office.

AW