From:
Craig Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 20:24:53 -0500
Date sent:              Tue, 18 Apr 2000 13:13:07 -0500
From:                   Nathan Eric Hampton <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: Frozen Four Venue -- my $.02

> These are fun places to spend some time. however, I can never figure out who
> either the professional or semipro local teams DO NOT schedule games the
> Friday of the Frozen Four (Long Beach Ice Dogs are the only exception I've
> seen).

Can't happen when the local team plays at the same venue because the
arena has to lay down new ice for the championship because of different
requirements for ice markings.  In the past, that would only involve
sponsorship issues and the like, but for the present I believe it also
affects the rink dimensions as I'm not sure that the NCAA has adopted
the same expanded area behind the net of the NHL.

--
 Craig Powers                   NU ChE class of '98
 [log in to unmask]       http://lynx.neu.edu/home/httpd/c/cpowers

"Good..bad....I'm the guy with the gun." -- "Ash" in *Army of Darkness*