Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:43:19 -0600
At 09:42 PM 4/10/00 -0500, D B Doucette wrote:
>I arrived in Providence at 1:05 on Thursday and sat in a long queue of 10
>minutes duration up the Exit 22 ramp onto I-95.   All lots in the garages
>adjacent to the arena were marked full.

That's a pretty lofty expectation -- arriving at a city center barely an
hour before a major event and expecting to easily find convenient/cheap
parking.

I met up with plenty of people that drove in around noon, experienced
little to no traffic and found close, reasonably priced parking.

If not for the size of the arena, I think that Providence is a fantastic
place to hold the event, arguably the best there's been in the last 10 years.

Now all we need is a location with a large arena, developed downtown area
(read: lots of eateries and bars within 5 minutes' walk), local D1 teams
and a strong history of college hockey.

Hello, Denver!