From:
Jb Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 01:42:38 EDT
not that I want to drag up another drawn out argument on an already beaten to
near death horse, but anyone else think its kind of strange for Bryan Berard
to basically speak out against the use of visors, particularly so soon after
being blinded in one eye perhaps permanently? I mean most of the players who
sustan eye injuries or cuts close to their eyes wear the visors for a few
games and then discard them once they decide they don't like them, but Berard
said in a press conference that if it's possible for him to come back he
won't wear a visor and he didn't think that if he'd been wearing a visor it
really would have made much of a difference.
   To be honest I don't really think he's off base, with all the talk of
trying to make visors mandatory, I think it's pointless, if they make visors
mandatory it's going to be half shields, they won't even let a player who
wants to wear a full shield wear one unless he's got a medical reason to wear
one and  freak accidents have happened because of the half shield, like
McCleary getting his tear duct cut becuase a skate got stuck under his visor,
an if you can't even convince a guy who was just blinded in one eye to don
protection you're never going to convince the players association and players
to don full masks.
                                               --JB (who returns you to your
regularly scheduled playoff frenzy)
       GO SLU!!! DECIMATE THE EAGLES!!!