From:
"Kretsch, Ken" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kretsch, Ken
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 14:54:54 -0500
Folks,

I read the article, too. It was a good review of the situation and issue.
One thing that startled me was how readily the team members accept the
notion that a team bonding exercise has to be humiliating to be effective.
Like, of course you would be more willing to go into the corners for some
guy who held on to your private parts :-).

The article also implied the original accuser was trying to extort money
from the university, which immediately calls into question the accuser's
credibility.

The story discussed hazing in general. Several days ago some one send a neat
story on how Cornell does team bonding, e.g., polishing trophies. Would that
individual be willing to contact the reporter with the story. I think it
would add a lot to the topic.

Ken Kretsch
BU '79 (that's 1979)