From:
"Todd E. Finnerty" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Todd E. Finnerty
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 23:24:09 -0600
At 06:28 PM 1/27/00 EST, you wrote:
>There is no question that Niagara hockey is not MAAC compatible. Wayne State
>to CCHA makes sense the CHA remant will have to schedule games with each
>other.

Why isn't Niagara MAAC compatible? They played a number of current MAAC
teams their first few years when they were in the ECAC West (Canisius,
Findlay, etc.). Sure they beat up on them, but they're beating up on the
CHA as well. At least with the MAAC the teams will be closer to home for
the most part. As an alumnus of Niagara I'd rather see them make it in to a
more respectable conference, but the MAAC may have a better chance at an
autobid to the NCAA's sooner rather than later (as opposed to CHA).  Not
only that but Niagara already plays Basketball etcetera in the MAAC.

I would rather see them in a major conference, but a move to the MAAC may
be a more positive step than riding a possible loser like College Hockey
America.