From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 19:54:11 -0700
On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Ralph N Baer wrote:

> If I understand things correctly, Union has a program in which they
> give financial aid to foreign students.  This is probably in order to
> get a more rounded student body, or some such thing.  Historically,
> Canadians were not eligible for this benefit because besides for
> saying "Eh" a lot they are close to USAians in culture.

That may seem so on the surface, but having lived in both places I can
testify that the differences are there, and more drastic than one could
notice on a visit when, after all, one is dealing with the hospitality
industry which tries to keep one comfortable.

And we don't have to convince most of the population hockey is worth
watching.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
North Vanvouver, BC
GO BU!!!