From:
Gerald Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 22:59:26 EDT
In a message dated 6/7/99 10:57:02 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

> Care to wager that the University of Michigan spends one dollar on its
>women's athletics for every dollar spent on the football program, let alone
the rest of men's athletics?

I'll take that wager my friend,  Michigan also has this insane booster club
(called the victors club) which requires a minimum $10,000 to join and has
tons of members. If we first exclude the money donated by these people to the
football program, and the $10 Million dollars per year that the football
program brings in through ticket sales, concessions, etc,  I'd say that out
of the U-M budget, VERY, VERY little is routed to the football program that
isn't paid for through the football boosters and football generated money.

I think I made a mistake bringing football up, perhaps we should all return
to the ice.

Jerry