From:
Hockeynut <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 1992 19:10:49 EST
Just a couple of comments.  As an avid RPI fan, I remember listening to
the game in which Mark Jooris scored a goal for Cornell.  I could feel
the puck go into the net before it happened.  Such is life, so they
say.  Does anyone know what happened to Jooris?  Last I knew, he was
playing somewhere in Europe.
Regarding flying pucks:  I agree that Neal Little should probably stay
either away from the gate or wear his mask.  As for trainer Anthony
Ortolano, there is a reason he is where he is.  A good trainer has
to have an unobstructed view of the playing area at all times.  Ort is
in the best physical spot to keep an eye out for injuries.  The other
thing about trainers is that we are always alert, so if a puck is coming
our way, we will at least have a shot at getting out of it's path.
To add to the list of players who went from college to pro:  John Carter
(I believe still with the Bruins system), Graeme Townshend (CD Islanders)
and Mike Dark (was with St. Louis Blues system).
Lynn Devlin
Ithaca College '90 (Athletic Training)
Indiana Univ. '93 (AT)
aka:  Hockeynut