From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 08:58:44 -0600
Two small corrections to Vicki Price's post:

> Too many horses in a stable and one is going to bolt! Anderson and Parrish
> were both top Bloomington Jefferson players, but Anderson was more highly
> touted their recruitment year. I'm not sure Woog offered Parrish a full. I was
> told that Woog didn't even offer Matt Cullen a full, who also had higher draft
> stature at the time of his recruitment. Both (Parrish and Cullen) of course
> went to MN's rival Saint Cloud.

As far as I know, Matt Cullen made it clear that he had no interest in
attending the University of Minnesota.  So far, Ryan Kraft is the only Moorhead
Spud to play for Minnesota.  Perhaps Cullen was tired of wearing the big 'M'
(Moorhead's hockey uniforms resemble Gopher uniforms, only in black and orange
rather than maroon and gold.) :-)

> Karl was recruited by Woog and went on an official visit. But like others, he
> went where he felt he would play and play his first year. Pederson was offered
> a full by Woog, but went to CC instead. In print, he said he wanted to
> experience being away from home. CC got a package deal, Toby and his brother
> (both from Bloomington Jefferson). Woog would have had to match that. There's
> a dollar dilemma. Woog passed on Tobey's brother several years before.

Tobey and Ian Peterson were recruited at the same time -- Ian is a year older,
Tobey graduated high school one year early.  There could be another brother of
whom I am unaware.

-- Erik