From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 17:23:24 EST
Bob is exactly right, folks!  AOL has killed it's college hockey dicussion
area this season.  It used to have several colleges of intense activity, which
Maine was one.  Now it is a wasteland in cyberspace.  The frequent posters, of
which I was one (Now who is surprised at that?) have been dealt with in a
manner which speaks of such poor marketing and abysmal people skills that we
are trying to find some other ISP.  So far no luck.

My posts were removed because I had a standard signature which included the
OFFICIAL UMaine Web page address as text, not a hyperlink, (this seems to be a
sticky point with AOL).  When I protested (Now who is surprised at that?) the
answer was that the site contained information for the UMaine Ticket office,
and since AOL doesn't receive revenue from UMaine ticket sales, so it isn't an
allowed address.  Bob and I are only two of the many many folks who are upset
by the change in AOL policy which seems to leave only the flamers posts
intact, aggrievedly curtailing my idea of freedom of information.  I can
understand the removal of blatant sales pitches, but these?  It's ludicrous.

This posting with Jeff Libby's message address, which is a kind, well meant,
heart felt thing for whomever did it to do, was also ripped from the Boards.
FOr those of you who have not yet made it there, please take a moment.  It is
a warmingthing for a guy who played his heart out for UMaine and is in need of
some heart given back.

Cathy Hart
Proud Volunteer for the Finest College Hockey Program in the Nation