From:
Chuck Cliff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 13:20:37 EDT
In a message dated 98-10-14 11:27:53 EDT, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< I saw the ND game vs. Lake State last Friday, and they looked pretty solid,
 but LSSU played better than I expected.  Why did LSSU start Platt instead of
 Gataliuk (sp?) ?  I thought he was their #1 man.  Also, I was very surprised
 to see the 7-1 pasting they put on Western Mich.  Is ND really that good?
 Or is WMU really that bad?

To venture a guess on the Platt/Galatiuk situation I would expect that Borek
is going to alternate them until one of them wins the job. Having seen both
LSSU games last weekend I would say Galatuik is ahead at this point, but I
expect to see them both next weekend against OSU and ND.

As to Notre Dame being that good I would say, yes they are. I fully expect
them to challenge for home ice and a trip to JLA in the playoffs.

Chuck Cliff