From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 16:15:31 -0400
>Subject:      Gopher Note
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>The Minnesota men's and women's athletic departments have produced 28
>GTE/CoSIDA Academic All-Americas during the 1990s, ranking them ninth
>among all Division I institutions and second in the Big Ten.

Which causes us to AGAIN reflect on Ames' earlier post of 8/17 (copied below):

>Gophers athletes posted an all-time high grade-point average of 2.84 in
>the fall and repeated that in the winter and spring quarters. The
>Gophers athletes have improved .20 grade-points since 1990 and are
>within .20 of the totals of the women athletes.

Question:

Can Ames offer the the number of HOCKEY players who were counted in the 28
"Academic All-Americans", or those who were above the 2.84 median (?) for
athletes' GPA at his school ?  I mean, it is a discussion list for HOCKEY...

Dan Doucette
UMaine 78 MPA 80

*** Isn't it fitting someone named Garth Snow is playing for ***
***                  a team in Canada   ???                  ***

            Title IX for Women's Hockey Discussion -
         When will someone sue for a Women's HOCKEY-L ?