From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 21:24:14 -0400
I am taking this summer lull to update my irregularly issued list of Hockey
on the Net.
I have the following list of schools which broadcast their games over the
internet:

University of Alaska-Fairbanks
Boston University
Brown University
Clarkson University
Cornell University
University of Denver
Harvard University
Hockey East game of the week
Miami(Ohio) University
University of Michigan
Michigan State University
Michigan Technological University
University of Minnesota
University of New Hampshire
University of North Dakota
Notre Dame University
Rensselaer Polytechic Institute
Union College
Western Michigan University
University of Wisconsin
Yale University

The number of schools broadcasting last year,increased approximately 300%
over the prior year. A lot of alumni offices are funding servers
for broadcasting because the word is spreading that a presence on
the net usually translates into more $$$$ donated by alumni when they
can hear their old team over the net wherever they live in the world.
(The preceding commercial was geared toward any AD's, alumni directors
or coaches out there).

For the rest of you hockey phreaks who have nothing better to do
than talk hockey all summer, please check the above list and see if
I missed anyone.  I rarely have time to go to web sites for all the
schools to check announcements of new  schools joing the broadcasting
ranks.  If anyone hears of any, please post it to the list so it is
incorporated into the Hockey on the Net list.

Wouldn't it be nice to sit at your PC and be able to listen to
any college hockey game in the country??????